Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Water Extraction To Lessen Damage

A dangerous flood left the lower level of my home with a lot of water. I lacked the tools to perform my own water damage Lakeway, so I called some professionals from the local yellow pages to get rid of it as soon as possible. Other people were experiencing the same problem that I had due to the flood, so the phone lines were pretty busy. Luckily I was able to get an appointment for an extraction the same day that I made the call.

The professionals arrived with a large truck, which contained a vacuum big enough to suck the water out of my home. They covered every inch of the lower level with the vacuum, while using absorbent cloths and mops to catch anything that might have been missed my the vacuum. They also performed a mold test to make sure that there hadn't been any mold growth in the time it took for them to arrive.

All things considered, I was pretty lucky because I didn't get any bad damage from the flood. One of my neighbors has a basement, and the water collected in it like a swimming pool. By the time his extraction was done, mold had already started to grow.

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting, I am curious how you managed to get your home insured against future water damage, after this? This kind of information is something insurance companies would put into their data science software to determine future risks and policy prices.

    ReplyDelete